Tonight was the first gathering of runners and walkers for the Lovejoy Running Club started by my ever so wonderful husband and Greg, the head track and cross country coach at Lovejoy HS. I have been really excited about it because it's a great opportunity to meet more of the Lovejoy community and get some exercise.
So, Josh, Dwayne and I packed up CeCe and Tony and headed up to the park. There was a great turnout especially considering it is Spring Break this week. Josh and Dwayne joined the pack of runners while C and I walked. About 3 minutes into it C started to fuss which kept me from keeping up with the group. And then about 7 minutes in duty called (for C). So we turned around and headed for the car for a quick change. Tony started out running with Josh then I took over after C and I got back out. We walked for about 15 minutes then the temperature dropped a good bit and we were not prepared for that. So we ended up going back to the car and waiting for the boys to finish up.
Overall it was a successful first night and we look forward to the weeks ahead. If you're interested in joining, we're at Celebration Park in Allen on Tuesday nights at 7pm! Come one, come all!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Lovejoy Running Club
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
how cool to have a community runnung/walking group! fabulous idea! Tony is just the cutest! haha but your little cece is too precious!
Post a Comment