Sunday, July 5, 2009

June 2009 (cont'd) - Father's Day

I had been thinking about and planning Father's Day for what seemed like forever! I was so excited to celebrate how wonderful my sweet husband is. I can't fully express how grateful I am to have such a loving, extremely hard working, and the best, most helpful, hands on daddy as my best friend and partner in life. I am in love with our relationship and am truly the luckiest girl EVER :) I love seeing him and CeCe together and look forward to seeing their bond grow over the years!

I like to be creative and thoughtful with gifts (when I can) and I think I did pretty good! Josh is a coffee drinker and has had the same coffee maker for several years. It's been a great one but it was definitely time to upgrade. So I got him a fancy one that grinds the coffee beans before brewing. The smell of coffee fills the apartment and it tastes awesome! I actually gave it to him a couple of weeks early because he ran out of coffee and I didn't want him to spend money on more since I already had everything. I waited until he went to bed and set everything up so that it would be ready for his cup the next morning.

(He's a bit animated in most of the pictures but I think he truly was happy with his goodies)



So the day before Father's Day came and I couldn't wait to give him the rest of his gifts because although most of them weren't technically for him....I worked really hard and was proud.

I got him a couple of small things.....some wine stoppers, a hat rack that hangs on the closet door (to keep them from being all over the apartment!), and a 13.1 (half marathon) sticker to go on the car.





And then I made CeCe's entire wardrobe for her first Cross Country season with Daddy! They turned out so great and I can't wait to see her in everything :)

(Thankfully I had Erin's creative mind to help me come up with the sayings!)







So then the actual day came! I made him pancakes for breakfast. Then we got ready and met Josh's dad at the cemetery to see say hi to Gaga (Josh's grandfather).



Afterward, we ate lunch with Josh's extended family then spent the rest of the day at his dad's hanging out and eating some more!

It was a great day! We love our special man :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails