Saturday, April 17, 2010

Need Sleep!

With my school schedule and track season in full swing, the Allen family stays pretty busy. There are times when Josh works 6-7 days a week with several 14+ hour days. There have been a few times when he hasn't been able to spend time with CeCe for a couple of days in a row and she does not like it. He'll call during the day to say hi and even though she's been fine all day, as soon as she gets on the phone with him, she starts crying and whining. I guess that's her way of saying that she misses him.

This semester I am taking 2 education classes. For one of them, I have been working on completing 55 hours of observations. And, I'm very happy (and relieved) to say that as of yesterday, I AM DONE!! YAY!! I have been fortunate enough to have my mom come in town and watch CeCe while I'm at the school. She has been such a lifesaver (and moneysaver)! There is no way that I would have been able to do it without her. Besides the benefit of not having to put CeCe in a daycare, it has been really great having my mom around! CeCe and her 'nannna' (nannie) have been able to spend so much time together. She's at the age now where she can remember people and is starting to apply names to faces. After nannie left, CeCe would say her name and hold her hands up, like where's Nannie? I'm so glad she has a lot of family around her to spend time with!

These past couple of weeks have been super exhausting. One night this week, CeCe was tossing and turning and I could hear it in the monitor. So it kept me up most of the night and I had to get up the next day to go observe. Then Josh had a late night being at a track meet so I waited up for him to get home, (District Champs.....woohoo!) then started all over again the next morning. So by the time I got home yesterday, I was beat. My mom left and we decided to go out to eat. I told Josh that I might have to go to bed as soon as we got home. I lied down on the couch and fell asleep before CeCe even went to bed. Then I moved to our bedroom and slept the entire night (without waking up once.....unusual these days). I didn't wake up until 9:30 or so this morning (thanks to my sweet hubby for letting me sleep in)! It was soooooo nice. I feel like a new person. I got caught up on laundry and organized CeCe's room and clothes, something I've been working on for weeks now. I actually know where things are, instead of having to look 2 or 3 places before finding it first. Pretty amazing!

Tomorrow, Josh is off so we are making it a lazy Sunday....until the craziness starts back up again next week.

night :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails