Yesterday was the state meet in Round Rock, TX for Cross Country and after both the girls and boys teams of Lovejoy won second at regionals, they were state bound!
Josh was leaving with the team Friday morning and I really wanted to go but I knew driving 4 hours in the middle of the day by myself with CeCe would be a challenge. So I decided to head out Thursday night hoping she would sleep the entire way. Luckily we were able to drop Tony (our dog) off at Josh's cousin's for the weekend which was a HUGE help for me. The drive down was not bad...I only had to stop once to check C's diaper. Although she didn't fall asleep until 9:30 (her normal bed time is 8pm) she did great. And it really set the mood for the entire trip! We got into Austin around 11pm and stayed with our lovely friends, Justin and Jenni Balthrop.
Friday ~ CeCe and I loaded up and drove to Canyon Lake (near New Braunfels) to surprise my mom! This time the surprise didn't go quite as planned. She had just started to do some shopping which was about 30 minutes away so we had to wait for her to get back. It was too pretty of a day to be inside so we just decided to run some errands. I could only stay until 5pm at the latest so it was just a short day trip. It was fun and CeCe did great! UNTIL the ride back to Austin to meet up with Josh and the team for dinner. It was a little over an hour drive and all but about 15 minutes of it was spent listening to C scream in the back seat. I know it was a combination of her not wanting to be in the car any longer, being sleepy, and hungry so I really felt bad for her but by this time, I was on overload. And the worst part was as soon as we got back to Jenni's, it was only for a quick change than back in the car. THANKFULLY, Jenni kept C entertained in the backseat watching Elmo videos on her phone and listening to Britney! Dinner was great! CeCe was excited to see her daddy...as was I! On the way back home, it was Lady Gaga that entertained CeCe and she actually put her to sleep!
Saturday ~ The day of the meet. Jenni, CeCe and I headed to the park and once again, what a BIG help Jenni was. We got there and decided to skip the shuttle ride because it would have been too much trouble with the stroller and made the LONG walk to the start line. We met up with Josh for a bit before the races started! Then we didn't see him again until after we found out that both teams walked away with Silver medals and State Runner-Up trophies! They improved so much since last year and we were all so excited! It was an emotional day for sure! GO LEOPARDS :)
After the meet, we ate a DELICIOUS lunch at Rudy's BBQ. The brisket was melt-in-your-mouth tender and juicy. I could eat it everyday! Josh saw the team off then we all headed back to the Balthrop's, ate some yummy cupcakes, took short naps then headed home!
It was a VERY successful trip! CeCe was such a trooper and I survived :) I'm so proud of my husband for leading their team to victory. And I love and admire his passion for this sport. He puts his heart and soul into it as he should and it has paid off. We're going for the Championship title next year!!

Sunday, November 15, 2009
State Cross Country Meet 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Justin and I had a blast with you guys that weekend! Can't wait to see all of you again!
Post a Comment