Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where have we been?

Wow, has it really been this long since I last posted? Here's a boring and a little depressing rundown of what's been going on...

Christmas - Wonderful and busy! CeCe got way too many toys than she knows what to do with. Everyone was so completely generous, I think she has enough clothes to last her all year!

New Years - Low key! My mom came over and watched CeCe while Josh and I went to dinner and saw TWO movies. I can't even remember what they were though.

Moved - After making it through what seemed like to us as the WORST house buying experience ever, we our no longer in an apartment and are hopefully set for a while....a few years at least! I am just now able to somewhat appreciate the house because in some ways I resent it for putting us through such a mess. Ridiculous? Yes. Definitely. But so be it. A couple of days after we moved in, our kitchen faucet went out and our dishwasher sucked. So while we were waiting on new appliances to be delivered, Josh and I literally washed dishes in our bathtub. It quickly reminded us of what being a homeowner was like again. There are still boxes everywhere. No pictures ANYWHERE. Not one single decoration. And I have no desire to fix this problem anytime soon. I would love for someone to just come over and do it all while I just lay in bed switching back and forth between napping and watching tv. Any takers?

School - Started school again. I'm not too excited about my classes but it just gets me that much closer to finally finishing. I am sooooo ready to not have this hanging over my head anymore. I am taking 2 classes once a week on Wednesdays, which makes for a very long day. They are both education courses, one of which I have to complete 55 hours of observation at a high school.

Josh - Staying busy working two jobs, both of which he loves! They have started track season at school and he is really excited about it. He is doing great with his running, logging about 50 miles a week. On top of all that, he takes care of his girls! We love him so much!

CeCe - She is now 14 1/2 months and is such a joy! She is still as busy as ever and although she is not speaking English yet, she has A LOT to say. She understands so much of what we say which makes things easier and she knows a little sign language to help with the important stuff.

Her favorite thing to do is read her books and play with her babies (dolls). She points out where her belly button, nose, mouth, eyes, and ears are and likes to show us where ours are as well as her babies.

She LOVES to dance and never misses the chance to whether its from a jingle on a tv commercial, from the music channels on tv, or daddy singing over the phone to her or in person.

Over the past couple of weeks, we have been battling a cold and double ear infections. This was her first time to run a fever and have any kind of infection. She's been such a trooper throughout it all. It was actually nice for us for a couple of days because she didn't feel good and just wanted us to hold her which actually meant being still for more than a second in our arms for once. She is just about over her medication and hopefully all back to normal!

I don't have any recent pictures because I honestly have no idea where our camera is.

So anyway, hope my 'Debbie Downer' attitude doesn't rub off on anyone reading this. I'm slowly coming out of hibernation and just might get some energy to take some pictures AND blog more!

Something I have to look forward to - CeCe and I are going to San Diego for Spring Break to spend time with our bff's Erin and Reagan! We are a little nervous about the plane ride but REALLY excited to have some girl time! Can't wait!

Oh and FYI...I decided to take down CeCe's website (www.ceceliaraineallen.com) so now I will just be posting updates on here!

Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails