...Allen baby #2! These are sonogram pictures at 20 weeks. I'm due September 21. We are, once again, not finding out the sex of the baby so it will be a complete surprise. With CeCe, I never really got a feeling about what she was going to be. I really didn't think too much about it. With this one, my gut tells me it will probably be another girl, but there have been times when I'll refer to it as a 'he'. I started to feel movement in my 16th week and he or she continues to be pretty active, like CeCe always was, and my pregnancy, so far, is pretty similar.
This is me and my belly at 23 weeks.
I haven't been keeping up with this pregnancy as well as with CeCe...mostly because I stay pretty busy running after her all of the time. But with this one being an unplanned pregnancy (on our part...God must've had a different plan for us), it has taken me a while to adjust to the idea of doing it all over again.
We had originally hoped to wait another year or so before trying for another. I still don't think I'm 100% ready but there is not much I can do about it now! God continues to give me strength, comfort, and encouragement in moments of weakness about pregnancy, delivery, and taking care of a newborn. And as each day passes, I get more and more excited about having another little one.
The hardest part is that even though CeCe is turning into such a little girl, I feel like with certain things she is still just a baby. But I know she will be a great big sister. Another adjustment has been the timing factor. I hoped to be out of school and working before the second one came along. There were a lot of things we had to figure out and financially, it was especially difficult. But God has shined the light and things are looking up!
Only 3 1/2 more months to go! Gotta make it through this hot summer :)


2 comments:
Well, surprise! And congratulations!!
Hey Jessica! I completely understand your overwhelming feelings! Geoff and I actually 'planned' to get pregnant with Grace...and yet....I specifically remember looking at that positive pregnancy test and thinking "how did this happen??"...and "what were we thinking!!!" Ha! I had kind of a rough time adjusting to becoming a mother with Parker....but by her 4th month, things were much better. So I just constantly reminded myself of that when I had Grace....these hard parts...they will pass and with them, bring new challenges....but somehow....it does get easier!
Post a Comment