Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Shower

~August 29, 2010~

My sister and mom threw a baby shower for us. It was a good mix of friends and family and was such a fun time. We had it at our house because it was really the only spot to hold somewhat of a big crowd and we had just finished a little remodeling and wanted to show it off to those who hadn't been there yet. (Another post with before and after pics to come.) The theme of the shower was "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. How We Wonder What You Are..." and decorations were moon and stars.

Erin, Carrie, Me, April
Me, Josh, April, Becki, Kathleen, Erin, Dwayne, Carrie

Uncle Carl, Mom, Aunt Mary

Erin, Aunt Joyce, My cousin Donna, Amanda

CeCe, Aunt Julie

My sister did such a great job of putting together games and favors. She had her share of surprises but Josh and I had one up our sleeves too! At our first sonogram, we told the sonographer how we didn't find out the gender of our first child and didn't plan on finding out this time either. They had told us some stories about how some parents decided to find out the gender and some of them were really cute ideas. Josh, more so than me, really liked the idea of doing something different this time for finding out the sex. So at my second sonogram, I went ahead and had the sonographer write down the gender in a sealed envelope, in case we had decided to follow through.

Well, once we knew that we were going to have a baby shower, we decided to copy one of the ideas that the sonographer told us about. It involved having a bakery make a cake with the filling being either pink or blue, according to the sex, and have it revealed once the cake was cut. We thought it would be fun to surprise our guests at the shower with the big reveal as most were wanting to know what the gender would be way more than us!

I took the envelope up to the bakery and ordered the cake! I had them reseal the envelope so that I could keep it as a keepsake. I love how it turned out! The decorator did such a great job!


When it came time to cut the cake, we announced our surprise to the guests and drew a name for someone to cut it for us. The reaction from everyone was priceless! Everyone was completely surprised and so excited.


Aunt Julie had the honors! And the perfect person to do it! So much fun :)

Here we go!

Before she finished cutting it, the filling was on the knife when she pulled it out!

IT'S A GIRL






See the PINK!

I got so emotional. I'm not really sure why. I think it was just the excitement of the shower and reveal, and not to mention pregnancy hormones! I really had no preference for girl or boy. I know that I would like to have a boy and since we already had a girl, it would have been an even bigger surprise had it have been a boy. But with them being so close in age, I think it will be great for CeCe to have a sister.

Mom, Me

CeCe, Josh, Mom, Me

My family

Our CeCe girl





CeCe and My Grandma

I could not have asked for a better shower! It was so much fun and a day that we will never forget :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails