We are happy to report that CeCe is officially out of diapers! Since my last Potty Update post, we kept it going at school and she did great! From then, until the end of school, she only had one accident when she couldn't get to the potty fast enough. It's been about a month and a half since she's been trained and has only had a couple of accidents.
We are very proud of her! Although I am glad that we are down to one child in diapers, I do kind of miss it sometimes. I've encountered what I feared the most with potty training, and that is public bathrooms and car rides. I've been in stores with both girls by myself and just when I get to the opposite end of the bathroom, sure enough, the inevitable happened. With a cart full of stuff, I'm unbuckling both girls, holding Vivi, carrying my purse, and lifting CeCe up on the potty...all for a few tinkles. And then riding in the car, at least 20 minutes away from home, and she HAS to go potty. Without wanting to mess with getting everyone out of the car, I just tell her we're almost home and to hold it...and reminding her every 10 seconds not to go potty in her panties.
She still wears a pull up during nap and at night. We have talked about just going ahead and doing away with all of it because we don't want her to get used to having that comfort in knowing that she basically has a diaper on and can go when she sleeps. She's gone before when she's fallen asleep in the car. How have y'all handled the nap and night times? I'm not sure of the best way to fight that battle. I'm sure it would lead me to getting her in a big girl bed and out of her crib, which is something else I don't know if I'M ready for.
This new milestone can be pretty inconvenient at times. Mostly just for me, and I don't like it but I have to remind myself that it's part of growing up, which I don't like much either. I better get used to it, though.


No comments:
Post a Comment